Saturday, March 23, 2013

New Addition

So I am really bad at this blogging thing and hope to change my ways, but things just got a little bit busier at the Smith house.I was blessed with the best birthday present ever (minus the part of dealing with horrible contractions;) Bridger Wallace Smith was born on March 17th 2013 at 5:30 in the morning(yes it was a long night!) I wasn't due until the 22nd. I went to work on Saturday the 16th and I still had two more shifts to go before I would be done working before he came. Well I got out of my shifts because not even four hours after I got home I was back at the hospital to check myself in and have a baby,(It would have been a little more convenient if the hard contractions would have started at work. All I would have had to do then was go up one floor instead drive home and suffer longer. My contractions were not very close together on the way about 7-8 minutes, but they hurt. I told Micah to just turn around because it is probably a false alarm, just when I said that another one came and I made him keep going! I had not even had my bag packed for the hospital, I was not going to jinx anything by getting my bag ready, So when I told Micah we had to go we packed the bags, he was kind of slow about it. Then we were on our way and Micah drove the speed limit the whold way. igghh, he apparently didn't think I was in enough pain or the contractions were not close enough to drive fast. Needless to say we got to the hospital after midnight. I got checked in and the contractions were getting closer. My water had not broke, but I was dilated to a five. Phew I really was in labor they weren't going to send me home. I am an epidural kind of girl and the preson who was supposed to give me mine was in a c-section so I had to wait two and  half hours. That was a long time! I didn't want IV drugs because they just don't work and I feel loopy so for two and a half hours I experienced natural child birth. That was two and a half hours too long. I don't know how woman do it but more power too you because I love me some epidural. Once I had that I was able to sleep and then two and a half hours later it was time to push and at 5:30 the baby was here. It was great. I have no complaints about it. I am one blessed person to have had such a good delivery. I am pretty lucky and definately grateful. He was born and we had no name for him for 24 hours. we finally picked Bridger Wallace, it was that or Grant. Once we sent the paper work out we still had second thoughts, but came to the conclucion this was his name and we fell in love with it. He is such a good boy and we love him to death. Alli did not want anything to do with him for the first three days but finally decided to hold him. She loves him now, but it has definately been an adjustment for her, without further blab here are some pictures.








2 comments:

Debi said...

You need to have more babies so I can see more posts! :) Love it. I love Alli with her kissing him. I think I will print that out! So excited that I will get to meet him this summer and not have to wait. Crazy! Love ya. Debi

Alicia Smith said...

What a handsome little guy! Can't wait to see him in person. I'm glad the delivery went well. It's always fun hearing about other peoples experiences.