Sunday, April 3, 2011
New Pictures
Here are some more pictures of Alli. I posted some more about the birth down below. She is pretty darn cute if I say so myself. (Maybe a little biased opinion)
Proud Grandma and Grandpa Smith
Proud daddy already wrapped around her finger
Proud Grandma and Grandpa Bingham
Happy and excited parents
Proud Mom
I guess it is time to blog about my new little one. I first have to say I just love being a mom, even with the lack of sleep in her first week of life. As said before Alli Jo Smith was born on March 27. It was about 2:30 in the morning and I hadn't had any contractions the whole night. I got up and holy cow I had a major contractions where I thought to myself if those keep happening like that you better get to the hospital. So I waited for what seemed like forever, and then fifteen minutes later I had another one. I stood up my water broke (Well I was hoping that was my water because if not I had serious bladder issues.) So anyway we headed to the hospital, it was the quickest trip to Burley we had ever made. I got to the hospital about 4:25. Sure enough my water had broke, but I was only at a three and the nurse reassured me I would be there a long time. That was all I wanted to hear. I told her that was fine but wondered when I could get an epidural. She told me I had to make progress. So an hour later she checked me and I really hadn't made too much progress. The doctor decided to pit me because it was the weekend and he wanted to go home, just kidding, he just didn't want to take the risk of going to c-section. So I agreed to it, and that stuff worked fast I was having the worst contractions in the world, but soon enough the epidural man showed up and I was ever so grateful. Almost instantly my pain was gone. I loved having it. For the woman who can go without an epidural that is pretty darn great, but I think I will stick to the epidural with all future births. Sorry this is a really long story, but everything progressed pretty fast. By 10:50 I was complete and ready to push, and by 11:13 Alli was welcomed into this world. All in all I had a pretty good birthing expereince. It was probably so I would have more kids in my future. This week has been a good one and Alli is slowly adjusting to life outside the womb. Micah was such a good birth coach and he is the best dad. He loves his little girl and he is even changing diapers. I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who does such a good job as both a husband and a father. I am grateful that all went well and hope things continue to do so. Enough of all that I just wrote that for remembrance someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Cool post! She has so much hair! so adorable:)
PS, this is Heather and not Trent. He would want to assure you that he would never use the word adorable, (even though he does think Alli is a cutie)
'bout time you post some pictures. Your girl is such a cutie. Keep posting pictures so we can see your progress. Love you, Rick
Don't apologize for the length in the post! I think it was just the right length! Love you and so glad to see your cute little family develop and grow. You are all going to be great parents and we hope we will be great aunt and uncle and cousins. Love ya Debi
Love that cute little stinker! Can't wait to hold her! Good JOB MAMA!! Having a baby is just awesome isnt it ;)!!!
Jonathan and I are so happy for you both! What a wonderful time. I'm glad the birth went smoothly for you. From what you wrote it sounded wonderful. Can't wait to see your little girl.
Post a Comment